Background Image
Keywords
Category
Location
Filter by Amenities:

98 Results Found

Sort by

Man with Briefcase

501 West 7th Street, Fort Worth, TX, United States
The 50-foot tall brushed aluminum sculpture rises above Burnett Park with a width of 22 feet and weighing 24,000 pounds.

Zipper Mural

1111 Monroe Street, Fort Worth TX 76102
Originally painted in 1974, the untitled work has been affectionately dubbed "The Zipper Mural" by locals.

Green B. Trimble Technical High School

1003 West Cannon Street, Fort Worth, TX, United States
This building was constructed to replace the Fort Worth High School, located a few blocks away.  Shortly after its opening, the school was renamed Central High School.

Electric Building

410 W 7th St, Fort Worth, TX, United States
In 1996, the building was converted to 106 apartments, most notable of which is the penthouse unit.

Board of Trade Building (1889-1949)

7th and Houston
The Board of Trade Building was a grand building at the corner of 7th and Houston for over 60 years. The Board of Trade became today’s Chamber of Commerce. The building also housed The Continental National Bank.

Continental National Bank (1952-2006)

200 W 7th St, Fort Worth, TX, United States
The sign at one time was the world's largest revolving clock, the world's largest digital clock, and the world's largest four-sided sign as once listed in the Guinness Book of World Records.

Sinclair Building

512 Main Street, Fort Worth, TX, United States
On February 5, 2015, it was announced that the building would be converted into a 165 room Autograph Collection Hotel with a basement restaurant and a rooftop bar.

Worth Hotel (1927-1972)

NE corner of 7th & Taylor
The Worth Hotel and Worth Theater were demolished in 1972 for an addition to The Fort Worth Club.

Worth Hotel (1894-1945)

SE corner of 7th & Main
In the early 1900's the Worth Hotel was the city's largest, with August's Department Store on the ground floor. Ruth's Chris' Steakhouse occupies that spot today.

Broadway Presbyterian Church

Broadway & St Louis, demolished in 1950
The magnificent red brick and stone building had a medieval style with buttresses and towers.

Broadway Baptist Church

305 W Broadway Ave
The church has a very commanding presence on Fort Worth's South Side and its steeple can be seen on the skyline in many other parts of the city

First Congregational Church

SW corner of College & Pennsylvania
This photo from a city directory in 1904 is the only known reference to this church or congregation.

First Methodist Church

SE corner of 7th & Taylor
First Methodist Church broke ground on their new building on the morning of the 1929 Stock Market Crash. Nonetheless, they completed the new building on 5th Street in one year and a day and merged with Saint Paul Methodist Episcopal Church as the new First United Methodist Church.

Saint Paul Methodist Episcopal Church

NE corner of 7th & Lamar
The church moved to a new building at Burnett & Tenth in 1927 and this building was demolished to make way for construction of The Electric Building and Hollywood Theater