The Board of Trade Building was a grand building at the corner of 7th and Houston for over 60 years. The Board of Trade became today’s Chamber of Commerce. The building also housed The Continental National Bank.
First Methodist Church broke ground on their new building on the morning of the 1929 Stock Market Crash. Nonetheless, they completed the new building on 5th Street in one year and a day and merged with Saint Paul Methodist Episcopal Church as the new First United Methodist Church.
Early meetings were in the old courthouse, and later the congregation expanded into a mega-church at 4th & Throckmorton, moving to 5th & Penn Streets in the 1960s and then to north Fort Worth in the 1980's.