The Texas & Pacific Railroad built The T&P Warehouse in 1930, alongside the 2 other major new buildings on the T&P Reservation, The U.S. Post Office and The T&P Passenger Terminal.
The T&P Warehouse is a Wyatt C. Hedrick building. Hedrick was the Architect responsible for all three major buildings on the T&P Reservation as well as many other notable buildings in Fort Worth and across the state. Architects Wyatt C. Hedrick and Herman P. Koeppe scaled back the ornamentation from the passenger terminal and then utilized the simplified design for this 8 story warehouse building. However, even with less ornamentation, this building is still a great example of the Zigzag Moderne Style. It features inlaid panels of blue tile, ornamental brickwork, and polychrome brick. The polychrome brick has many patterns typical of the Art Deco period. The exterior of the building is marked by octagonal corner towers and intermediate roof towers, similar to the passenger terminal. Detailing within the brickwork is also the same between the warehouse and the terminal. The warehouse offered space for the storage, distribution, and refrigeration of produce and merchandise. Office and salesrooms were also available within the structure; thus, tenants could consolidate their warehouse and showrooms under one roof. The General Contractor for the building was P.O’B. Montgomery of Dallas. This warehouse, 611 feet long by 100 feet wide, is currently vacant.